Friday, July 17, 2009

It’s the Innovative Educator Internship. Come and Get It!

I'm taking an idea (and a post) from the Brazen Careerist and looking to find an intern for my blog.

My motivation is two-fold. Of course, I want to offload stuff I don't like to do or have time for on someone who might like to do it. But also, I want to mentor someone and I want to have conversations with someone either in the classroom or closer to the age of the students innovative educators are trying to reach about the topics I write about and should write about. The internship will be a great learning experience, resume builder, and opportunity to make an impact but it will not be a great financial experience: unpaid.


If you don't know that much about what I do, you can get an idea here. You can also find out why I started a blog and my thoughts about the pros and cons of my blogging.


Here's what you will do:


1. Write posts.

You can guest author posts, with my help, which will give you a byline and exposure to an authentic audience of educators.


2. Build your resume and experience.
You will be able to put my blog on your resume as a site that you were responsible to assist with editing, design, layout, content. Through writing your own posts you will begin to develop your own name and following.


3. Update the design, features, and format

This is work that I like but don’t have time to do and don’t consider myself expert in. Update the look and feel. Determine what should really go in the right-hand side bar that would be relevant to my audience.


4
. Research.

Here is the type of stuff I'd like you to help me find:

People who will talk about hunches that I have.
Trends in educational innovation.

People who are writing about topics I write about.


5. Basic editing.
I want you to edit my blog fixing typos, formatting errors, grammar errors, etc.

Getting on board

Who should apply?

Innovative educators and innovative students.

How much time would this involve?

I'd like you to work about 10 - 20 hours a month. You can work whatever hours you want, from wherever you live.
How can you apply?

If you're interested, please email me (found in my profile on the right hand side bar). In the email sell yourself. Indicate your interest and motivation for doing this and some ideas you have for posts, updating, and anything else.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Writing credit and inspiration for this post from the Brazen Careerist.

No comments:

Post a Comment